- a male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.
- a female sovereign or monarch.
- the wife or consort of a king.
- a woman, or something personified as a woman, that is foremost or preeminent in any respect
1. a person possessing admirably fine and genial characteristics:
2. a male descendent of royalty
1. a woman considered to have the qualities or characteristics of a princess.
2. a female descendent of royalty